Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Grundläggande immunologi, 3 hp

I just had a "speed lunch date" with my room mate before she had to run along to ÖP for an unprepared English test. First day of school and all, poor girl ;) but I would honestly do that test rather then what I actually need to do right now. Sooo, instead of reading all that reading I should be reading (haha), I'm listening to P3 Musik and catching up on the latest science news from www.forskning.se. God, I love geeky web pages!

So whats new!? A certain signaling defect in the central nervous system (brain), makes some people more receptive to the effects of drugs, alkohol and sugar. That, of course, also makes those people more prone to use that kind of substances again after the first time. So it's like a huge break through in the research and knowledge about both addiction and obesity! Good news for the world! (Too bad the proof is just found in rats so far).

If I alow my self to be a little selfish for a second though, the biggest news in life right now is that the "final week count down" has just started! Elitserien i hockey begins next tuesday, and I'm so glad and blessed, that I have friends around me here that care about that! (Of course it would have been even better if I could watch BF IF, but as long as I get my fix of well played ice hockey, I'll settle with just watching and enjoying it, with pure objectivity and no team sympathies!)

No comments: